Helen Creeley Award
We are pleased to announce the seventh annual Helen Creeley Student Poetry Prize competition, sponsored by the Robert Creeley Foundation (RCF), based in Acton, Massachusetts, dedicated to poet Robert Creeley’s legacy and to education and building community through poetry and the arts. The competition is open to all Massachusetts high school students.
The Helen Creeley Student Poetry Prize consists of:
· $100 cash prize for the winning student
· Winning student serves as opening reader for Robert Creeley Award winning poet, Mary Ruefle
· Winning student’s school library receives autographed copies of books by our Robert Creeley Award winning poet and a limited edition broadside
· Winning student reads at the Massachusetts Poetry Festival the first weekend in May
· Winning student’s poem published in Window Seat, Acton-Boxborough Regional High School’s (ABRHS) Art and Literary Magazine
· Winning student invited to luncheon with Robert Creeley Award winning poet, Mary Ruefle
Deadline to submit is January 15, 2014.
Contestants will submit 3-5 original poems here
RCF is sponsoring an optional free workshop on Saturday, November 16, 1 to 3 p.m., at Acton-Boxborough Regional High School for interested students. (Workshop attendance is not required for students to submit to the Helen Creeley Poetry Prize.)
Please click here to register for the workshop.
November 16, 2013
January 15, 2014
February 25, 2014
March 13, 2014
April 16 & 17
Optional Poetry Writing Workshop for students
Audition for semi-finalists (open to the public - a great celebration of poetry of poetry--plan to attend)
Finalists audition for Board of Directors/Creeley Foundation
14th Annual Robert Creeley Award Reading featuring Helen Creeley Student Poetry Prize winners and nationally acclaimed poet Mary Ruefle